Exploding hoverboard burns family's house down in Louisiana – TomoNews



LAFITTE, LOUISIANA — A hoverboard that was plugged in to charge the battery exploded and set fire to a family’s house in Lafitte, Louisiana, WGNO reported.

On November 20, Hayden Horne, 12, opened his birthday present and was delighted to try out his new hoverboard that his mother, Jessica Horne, bought on Amazon from a company called Fit Turbo. He rode it around, but when it ran out of battery power the next day, he plugged it in using the charger that came with it. His mother walked by the boy’s room only to see the hoverboard spark and catch fire in seconds.

According to the GoFundMe page Horne started to help out with expenses related to the fire, she wrote that within minutes the whole room was on fire. Horne also wrote about the incident on Facebook, saying the firefighters responded to the blaze in minutes and rescued her dog, which was trapped inside.

The use of hoverboards in public has been banned in New York City and in London. According to a CNN report, nearly 90 percent of the hoverboards imported into Britain have been recalled because of the risk of explosion or electrocution.

—————————————-­———————

Welcome to TomoNews, where we animate the most entertaining news on the internets. Come here for an animated look at viral headlines, US news, celebrity gossip, salacious scandals, dumb criminals and much more! Subscribe now for daily news animations that will knock your socks off.

Visit our official website for all the latest, uncensored videos: http://us.tomonews.net
Check out our Android app: http://bit.ly/1rddhCj
Check out our iOS app: http://bit.ly/1gO3z1f

Get top stories delivered to your inbox everyday: http://bit.ly/tomo-newsletter

Stay connected with us here:
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/TomoNewsUS
Twitter @tomonewsus http://www.twitter.com/TomoNewsUS
Google+ http://plus.google.com/+TomoNewsUS/
Instagram @tomonewsus http://instagram.com/tomonewsus

-~-~~-~~~-~~-~-
Please watch: “Crying dog breaks the internet’s heart — but this sad dog story has a happy ending”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4prKTN9bYQc
-~-~~-~~~-~~-~-

source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *