“Luxury automakers race to perfect the #flyingcar,” CNN, Nov 27:
“This is a pivotal time for the auto industry, with new automation and electrification technologies threatening to disrupt a century-old business model. It’s not surprising, then, that some of the major names in the automobile industry have set their eyes on the nascent field of personal air mobility. Firms such as Porsche, Daimler and Toyota are behind some of the most daring startups in the nascent eVTOL (electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft) industry, that aims to revolutionize urban transportation by taking to the air.”
● 1. Pop.up & Pop.Up Next (Audi, Airbus, Italdesign)
Airbus’ New Concept is a Car, a Drone, and a Train All in One.
Pop.Up Next, is the evolution of the first fully electric and zero-emission modular system, designed to help resolve traffic congestions
Italdesign and the aerospace industry leader Airbus unveiled Pop.Up, Italdesign and Airbus unveil Pop.Up, a trailblazing modular ground and air passenger concept vehicle system to releive the traffic conjestion in megacities of the future.
Pop.Up Next reflects the philosophy driving Italdesign’s 50th anniversary celebrations, anticipating the challenges that the next fifty years will bring. It represents a vision of the potential offered by future technologies, the new concept of transportation and the new solutions for resolving the problems linked to city planning and traffic in large urban centres that are increasingly becoming one of the priority aspects for safeguarding our planet. Next is evidence of the success achieved by Pop.Up over the past year amongst the main players in the transportation world, the municipalities and institutions worldwide.
MUSIC: Revelling, artists: Thomas McNeice | April Mackay
● 2. Hyundai UAM Concept S-A1 (Hundai + Uber)
Hyundai and Uber Announce Aerial Ridesharing Partnership, Release New Full-Scale Air Taxi Model at CES 2020.
• Hyundai is the first Uber Elevate partner with manufacturing capabilities to mass produce Uber Air Taxis
• Hyundai’s UAM (Urban Air Mobility) will vitalize cities by enabling on-demand urban air mobility in Uber’s Elevate Network
● 3. SkyDrive-2030
We are the only Flying Car company to have succeeded manned flights in Japan (HQ in Tokyo and development/flight test in Toyota City).
we are working on creating roadmaps with the Japanese Government (Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport & Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry).
The practical use target of our Flying Car is 2023. Lots of sponsors, such as Panasonic, NEC etc., are supporting us. This summer, we’re planning to conduct our first public manned demonstration flight (by video)! We’ve created a concept movie, ”The future world with flying Cars in 2030”
➡️ SkyDrive Inc.: http://en.skydrive2020.com/
➡️ Twitter https://twitter.com/Skydrive_Global
➡️ Facebook https://www.facebook.com/SkyDriveEn/
➡️ linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/company/skydrive-inc/
● 4. Volante Vision Concept (Aston Martin)
Aston Martin Aircraft Concept Takes Luxury Personal Transportation.
British sports car brand Aston martin presents the volante vision concept, a luxury aircraft with vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) capabilities.
• Maximum Speed 460km/h
• 4 Tilting Propellers
● 5. Rolls-Royce EVTOL
• UK Rolls-Royce unveils electric/turbine hybrid vertical take-off and landing flying car concept.
• Rolls-Royce’s flying car has a maximum speed of 250 miles per hour (approximately 402 km) and travels 500 miles (approximately 804 km). It is equipped with six electric rotors to allow vertical take-off and landing. May fly over the city
• In particular, the flying car is equipped with a small battery that is charged by a highly efficient gas turbine generator instead of a large battery, reducing the weight of the flying car and increasing the travel distance to 500 miles. Rolls-Royce announced that the flying car will be available as early as mid-2020.
#eVTOL #FlyingCars #UrbanAirMobility
彡 Thanks for watching 😊
Make sure to Subscribe 👈, Like 👍, Comment and click the bell to never miss a release ! 🔔