Let’s take a look at the numbers. Overall, 5,291 cars were delivered (up 109% year-over-year).
- ES6 (5-seat SUV): 2,386 (up 15% year-over-year)
- EC6 coupe version of the ES6: 1,518 (new)
- ES8 (7- or 6-seat SUV): 1,387 (up 200% year-over-year)
- Total: 5,291 – (up 109% year-over-year)
According to NIO, demand is increasing, so the company will further expand its manufacturing capacity:
“NIO is in the process of accelerating the production capacity expansion in December 2020 to accommodate the increasing order growth.”
That sounds like another record coming in December.
So far this year NIO sold:
- ES6: 25,452
- ES8: 8,852
- EC6: 2,417
- Total: 36,721 (up 111% year-over-year)
Cumulative sales reached 68,634.
The ES6 seem to weaken since the EC6 appeared on the market a few months ago: